The length and number of treatments necessary, varies with each client
and the expertise and skill of the electrologist. There are many factors that influence results.
Some influencing factors are:
NOTE: Regularity of treatment is as important as the treatment itself, with optimum results occurring in the shortest time frame.
Electrolysis requires a series of treatments over a period of time. An example time schedule is:
- Experience, knowledge and skill of the electrologist.
- Quality and effectiveness of equipment used.
- Gender, age and ethnic origin.
- Type of hair coarseness, depth, straight, wavy, curly.
- Hair growth cycle, view Normal Hair Growth Cycle.
- Temporary hair removal methods previously used.
- Causes effecting the production of the hair growth.
- Quantity of hair to be permanently removed.
- Treatment location.
- Skin type - sensitive or non-sensitive; moist or dry.
- Intensity tolerance.
- Commitment to regularly scheduled treatments.
- Financial resources available.
- Weekly treatments, for a specified length of time.
- Gradually treatment sessions will shorten, and be required less often.
- The last few appointments may be spaced several months apart.